1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My g key won't work

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Mar 12, 2010.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Pull off the g.

Clean out the gunk.

Snap the key back on.
    You are way too refined and sophisticated to be fumbling with a G spot. Let us know when it's under control.

2. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Pre-order an iPad

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I've owned my laptop for 4+ years and the only letter keys that are still pristine are q, w, p (surprisingly), j, k, z.

4. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

What really thuckth ith when the eth key thtopth working. I jutht wanted to thmath the thon of a bitch.

5. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

You can buy individual keyboard keys on that Internet thingy...Also try ebay.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My son gets up and I tell him about the problem. He sits down and starts typing. Everything works. He didn't do a damn thing. All working now but I can't believe it has been "fixed." I guess we'll see.

7. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

et a new keyboard.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

When mine went sour, it had moments where it worked fine, and then it would go insane and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmake mmmmmmmmmmmy life just mmmmmmmmmmmmiserable if you catch my drift.

9. Moderator1

It's helped my creativity, coming up with words that have neither a g nor an h in there.
    Still working but I suspect it will stop at any moment. Probably as soon as my son leaves.

Until then: Golly gee whillikers heckity heck hell yes, gooby, gooby, goo.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I've had keyboard problems at times where the fix was simply restarting the computer. But those were cases where nearly all the keys were messed up. Never had it with just one key. But the question I would ask, Moddy, is did you shut it down overnight and restart or just hibernate?

11. Moderator1

I was afraid to shut it down because one of the stuck keys is in my password and I was worried I wouldn't be able to get back on the thingggggggggg.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

giggity?

Draft saved Draft deleted