1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My First Rifle

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 8, 2013.

1. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

34 years old and have never held a gun. Never even been in the same room as one.

Kind of proud of this.

2. Never have been in the same room with a cop?

3. Bodie_Broadus

Nope.

Never been arrested.

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

That wasn't the fucking question. You and a police officer have never been in the same room? That's bullshit. You worked at a fucking airport.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If you think you've never been in a room with a firearm ... you need to think that through a bit more.

6. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Pretty much all schools have DARE, right?

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Every now and then a woman having an abortion dies.

Thus, we should ban abortion. If it saves one life, it's worth it.

8. Bodie_Broadus

I never was in DARE I feel like I was cheated out of a big piece of curriculum missing out on it. I moved to a new school in the middle of sixth grade and they had already done DARE. My old school, in Eastern Washington, never did the DARE program, but all the ones in Western Wa did.

And yeah, if you consider where I work the fact that somewhere in the airport are guys with guns then I guess you could say I have been.

9. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Me, I just wish I still had the shirt.

10. I think we need NDJournalist to chime in. To add to the choir, either you're a liar or as perceptive as Mr. Magoo.

11. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Someone brought up schools used to have rifle teams. All of our local high schools have skeet shooting teams. It's a sanctioned sport with regular meets, coaches, uniforms and everything!

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Sarcasm.

Learn it. Love it.

Draft saved Draft deleted