1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My First Rifle

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 8, 2013.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I'm glad to see Boom and YF finally saying what they've wanted to say for all these months.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

And to address your complaint:

This board is, presumably, overwhelmingly white. I imagine that white people are a little more comfortable, in large part, lampooning other white people than they are blacks. And, indeed, I'm sure there's a political component to it, as well.

3. They stick to message boards.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

To put a fine point on it "overwhelmingly white liberals"

5. Do you say this as a gun-owning, inner city black man or a rural white guy?

I guess hard-working, honest black folks in inner cities who might want to protect themselves from the things that go bump in the night (thugs and whatnot) prolly balk at gun ownership for fear of being stereotyped.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"generally."

"in particular those involved in the gun trade."

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Which is what? Can't wait to hear.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

See, I was going to let this go, but since you responded, let's get into it.

I think it's pretty clear that deskslave is calling us racist.

But, rather than put the charge in words, and provide some evidence to back it up, he just floats the idea out there.

Well, how do I respond to that?

So, please, desk, say what you want to say. Go ahead and call me a racist, and back it up.

If not, you're a fucking coward and a disgrace.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You're very good at passing along stereotypes as fact.

How do rural, black American gun owners and urban, white American gun owners feel about guns?

Are country blacks popping caps and city whites hunting squirrels?

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I hesitate to even post this for fear it will be taken the wrong way, but I think this highlights the importance of boys having a positive male role model at home.

11. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I don't think you're a racist. I just think you like playing one on message boards.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

so The Connecticut, Colorado and Arizona mass killings are regrettable but the cost of having the Second Amendment ?

Draft saved Draft deleted