1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My First Rifle

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 8, 2013.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What backwards state did you grow up in? [/writethinking]

2. YankeeFan

And yet, Hollywood made a movie about him, in which he was portrayed as a hero in the fight for First Amendment rights.

I can't wait for Hollywood to make a movie about Wayne LaPierre.

3. YankeeFan

OK, so Wayne LaPierre and the NRA "go to far" are unwilling to "compromise" and are against "common sense reform", right?

And, they take positions that the majority of Americans oppose. Right?

And, because of this, he/they are viewed as outside the mainstream, and receive scorn, and are viewed as kooks.

So, can someone please tell me how NARAL and Kate Michelman and/or whoever their current leader are any different?

Obviously they would be against anything so silly as requiring a woman to to be licensed, or put in a database in order to exercise her reproductive rights.

They would be against a waiting period. They would be against any kind of "class" or requiring a woman to receive any information, such as viewing an ultrasound, or having to receive counseling, or receive information about local adoption services.

But, they're also against restrictions on late term abortions, and parental consent, which are popular with Americans.

In fact, if anyone can think of a single restriction on reproductive rights that NARAL supports, I'd like to hear about it. Is there even one? Even some "common sense reform" that the American people support that NARAL is on board with?

Now, is there a single pro-choice supporter that is "embarrassed" by NARAL? Does anyone here think they "go too far"?

Why does this rigid, uncompromising group not receive the same scorn the NRA receives?

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Why would a woman want to exorcise her reproductive rights?

5. Mitt Romney.

6. YankeeFan

Hey, I changed that before you got your post up!

7. YankeeFan

Sounds like some folks are getting a little sick and tired of being lectured to by the President:

Draft saved Draft deleted