1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My first job interview tomorrow morning....

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by NQLBLQ, Aug 30, 2009.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Good luck.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

A boca del lupo!

3. spud

spud Member

Mouth of the wolf? Is that what that means?

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Into the mouth of the wolf. It's the Italian equivalent of 'break a leg' -- to which one would respond 'Crepi a lupo' (May the wolf die).

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Don't ask about the Mac's running OS 7 when you go in.

6. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

This may be a DP, but a friend of mine just took a job at a school where they run Windows 98.

7. KG

KG Active Member

Didn't Windows 98 come on a floppy disk?

8. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Hell, I saw a reporter transfer his story onto a floppy disk last week. Eek.

9. KG

KG Active Member

I think I might have an external floppy drive with a USB connection somewhere, but I haven't used it in years.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

It can never hurt to prepare thusly for any job interview.

I set up an interview once with a guy I knew well (it wasn't with him, but it was with his boss). I was wearing a T-shirt, shorts and sandals that day, and he actually told me I could dress like that to the interview that following Monday.

P.S., I dressed up the way I did for any interview at the time. Same guy I originally set up the interview with actually told me, "you got the job" before Personnel called and offered it to me. In retrospect, I probably would have had to grow eight heads to get turned down for it, but still. NEVER take chances.

11. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

... still waiting for the call back. Should I drop them a call? Or just wait it out?

12. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

wait it out.

Draft saved Draft deleted