1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My first child's name: Christian Troy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sxysprtswrtr, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

:) I LOVE Nip/Tuck and the new season starts tonight! WHOOO HOOOO.

Anyone else as excited as I am?

Looks like they have an all-star cast as guest stars this season.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Count me in for the Nip/Tuck viewing party! I've been waiting months for the latest South Beach exploits of the esteemed Drs. Troy and McNamara. And agreed, the cast looks fantastic - Brooke Shields still looks fabulous.

3. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

i hope it's better than last season, which was flat-out awful.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

(Scene: Sometime in the future...)

Christian Troy Sxysprtswrtr: Hey mom, why did you name me Christian Troy?

Mom Sxysprtswrtr: Well, there was this show years ago that I just loved and those were the names of the main characters. You're old enough now, so here ... go watch these. They're called DVDs and work in that antique box hooked up to the TV.

(Hours later...)

Christian Troy Sxysprtswrtr: Mom, do you think it would be okay if I started going to therapy?

;D

5. Sxysprtswrtr

hey, as long as Christian Troy Sxysprtswrtr doesn't sleep with Sean McNamara Sxysprtswrtr, hence inducing a taboo called incest, then ... no therapy needed ;)

6. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

They already covered incest in last season's finale. Just when it doesn't seem like the show will top itself, it finds a way to do just that.

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Pretty damn good first episode.

What a twist! I always thought Christian's apartment looked rather metrosexual?! ha!

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I saw a lot of that dude's ass tonight.
    Nice touch to see him banging Brooke Shields. Just don't look her in the eyes dude.
    And did they really have to give the kid lobster hand disease?
    I mean, c'mon.

9. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

The season opener's first 20 minutes was almost dark comedy. I couldn't help but to start laughing several times, but then the show turned serious. It wasn't even as outrageous as any of the episodes from last season, but one thing I've always liked about Nip/Tuck was that the show can cover an entire range of emotions in a matter of less than an hour.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

SPOILER ALERT!!!

While reading the latest issue of Newsweek, I was skimming an article about Rosie O'Donnell. Seems she has a guest star turn on Nip/Tuck this season, playing a lottery winner who wants a complete makeover. Yes, she winds up in bed with Dr. Troy.

11. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

a very good first episode. they went back to the exploring the characters that made the show great, instead of just relying on shock value. and when there were shocks, they were devices to challenge the characters.

12. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

Shiet. Your baby ain't mine.

Draft saved Draft deleted