1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My field of 65 — Feel free to dissect

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by the_lorax, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You know, unless I'm mistaken, Lorax's list is a carbon copy of ESPN's bracketology list.

2. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

I think Baylor might have been saved when every other bubble team except a couple fell on its face during conference tournaments. Big 12 is better than it has been in years.

Definitely ISU over UK. Could still be both in, though.

3. Lorax is Joe Lunardi?

4. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

Unintentional, if it is. Maybe I'm drinking ESPN kool-aid. But like I said, seems like a pretty clear-cut bubble right now.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Understanding that I'm usually biased as the summer day is long, I don't see how the Hokies aren't in, either. Better than .500 record in conference play, plenty of good wins (though no marquee-types wins), finished strong and - unlike many of the other teams awaiting their NCAA fates on Sunday - didn't finish their conference tourney with a weak whimper.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Probably the best way to frame an argument for Illinois State right there.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Virginia Tech is definitely one of the 34 best at-large teams. They finished in 4th place in the ACC with a winning record, and were even with the number one team in the country for 39:59:20 on Saturday.

8. rube

rube Active Member

Not bad ... But Va. Tech has to be in as far as I'm concerned. But with each passing hour, it's looking like they're going to be the biggest snub this year.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I don't know. The Hokies have only one win against the top 50 RPI, and while they hung even with North Carolina nearly the whole game, they lost another game where they could have made a statement. So now they've got to hang their resume on beating Miami and nearly beating Carolina. There are a lot of teams that can top that, especially with the bubble shrinking more and more every day, it seems.

Just remember, both Syracuse and K-State went 10-6 in great conferences a year ago (K-State finishing fourth and making the semis by beating Texas Tech, which did make the tournament). That didn't get it done. I'm not sold VaTech will get in.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

doc, the lorax is a lotta things. but he hates carbon.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'll be incredulous if St. Joe's or Ohio State (really, who the fuck did they beat this year?) goes to the tournament before Va Tech. And I'm allllllllllready sick of the term "big dance."

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I might be able to live with St. Joseph's, but I'm with you on Ohio State.

And, on your last statement, I've already seen one preview story with the term "Cinderella" used repeatedly. Given that this guy thinks he's the grand gift to sportswriting, that's all the more nauseating.

Draft saved Draft deleted