1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My favorite thing about Earth Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've been watching the Kokua Festival live via MySpace. Jack Johnson might be the coolest mofo on the planet.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

One of the originators of Earth Day was a Philadlephia activist named Ira Einhorn...anyone know anything else about him?

HINT: AKA the Unicorn Killer!

3. John

John Well-Known Member

Hard to argue. He lives in Hawaii, he surfs all the time and he makes good, simple music. On top of that, because he's basically a solo act, he doesn't have to divide up all that cash among a half-dozen band members.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

He's the one who killed his g/f, locked her body in a trunk where it was found months later, fled to Europe, was tried and convicted in abstenia, discovered in France, where they refused to extradite him b/c he'd been tried in abstenia, the state eventually agreed to give him a retrial, France extradited him and he was convicted.

Least I think that's how it went.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I saw that on an episode of Unsolved Mysteries.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Totally unrelated, Jack Johnson helped make "Curious George" for me. He was perfect for that movie.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Eddie Vedder just came out for the encore to sing with Johnson. He brought out a box of Kurt Vonnegut books and passed them out to people in the crowd. Told the people getting the books to read them and then give them to somebody else to read.

8. Holy shit. How can I watch this?

9. carrie

carrie Active Member

My favorite thing about Earth Day:
    How I chopped down 15 trees, lit them on fire and danced around them while flinging sheets of paper on top of them and murmuring a tribal chant.

Oh ... wait ...

10. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

The cigarettes that I passed out for a smoke-a-thon.

11. My favorite thing is the fact that Earth Day is April 22nd because that happens to be Eddie Albert's birthday. They put Earth Day on the 22nd specificily to honor Albert. You can look it up.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I came up with a slogan years ago for Earth Day. I don't know why it hasn't yet been adopted:

"Celebrate Earth Day -- you're going to be there anyway."

Draft saved Draft deleted