1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My favorite part of my Canadian vacation

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mltru2tx, Jun 13, 2008.

1. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Has anyone had Steam Whistle beer? Oh my god -- it was maybe my favorite beer I've ever had. I was so sad to hear it's only sold in Ontario and Manitoba. The brewery tour in Toronto was also the best brewery tour I've ever been on, and I've done my fair share. It was very hands on and informative, and you get a free pilsner glass or bottle opener. I went with the glass.

Anyway, just wanted to get some opinions of people who might actually live where it's sold and see what the local attitude toward the beer is. I know when we were in Toronto, it's all we drank in the bars after doing the tour. We couldn't get enough.

http://steamwhistle.ca/

Note: They also extremely environmentally friendly, which was another cool thing.

2. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

I thought this was going to be about a new Clark Grisswold movie.

3. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

I thought this would have been about leaving Canada.

I hear they have a czar up there. He's a cocksuckeur.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That should be "favourite." When in Canada, do as the Canadians do.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I have actually seen steamwhistle sold at some beer stores in Alberta, never had it, but I've thought about it.May have to pick it up next time I see it.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Used to drink Steam Whistle a fair bit when it came out but haven't bought it in a while (it's kind of pricey, even up here where all beer, great, shit or otherwise is expensive). It's very nice on tap, too.

Thanks for the heads up on the tour. I've been by the place many times, never thought about stopping in.

Draft saved Draft deleted