1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My fair state can actually convict a celebrity

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Birdscribe, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

As the latest trial dragged on, the Spector inner circle became concerned over a "best possible outcome" of perhaps manslaughter.
    The evidence was stacked, it seems.

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

And, yes, he's a celebrity.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Spector was one of the exceptions, creating a new sound... and guilty guilty guilty...

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

His defense team should have introduced evidence that his finger twitched because he had just switched to Sanka.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The "Twinkie" defense worked. Why not?

6. Where's Glyn Johns on the list?
    Tom Dowd?

7. old_tony

Actually, it was a (apparently too obscure) Fast Times reference. The woman that Spector killed was the actress that played the wife of Mr. "I just switched to Sanka" Vargas. I thought I'd see if anyone caught on.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Based on this post-trial photo, Spector was either:

A) stunned by the verdict

OR

B) standing nearby when the Ark of the Covenant was opened.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

If you're old enough to remember the movie "Easy Rider," Phil Spector played the dude in the limo making the drug buy at the very beginning of the film.

And, yes, I'd consider him a "celebrity." He was probably one of the five most influential producers in the history of popular music.

10. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

She played a man?

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Quincy was responsible for the beats behind the biggest selling album of all time. That is talent and influence. He also had a hand in Bad and Dangerous, which were huge albums.

12. old_tony

Sorry. She played his wife in the scene at the graduation dance at the end of the movie. My bad. It's fixed.

Draft saved Draft deleted