1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My ex-girlfriend's getting engaged...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Dec 6, 2007.

1. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Well, this sucks.

A girl whom (whom? Who? Only if you use it as an object. "Ryan used me as an object" Sorry, quick aside) e) I expected to spend the rest of my life with is now going to marry another guy. We would've been engaged (or possibly married) had I not broken up with her 2.5 years ago. It's been a long time, but I still think about her every so often.

Will this go away?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I thought you were a girl.

Can't say, but peace be with you through this. I've often wondered if I heard about the ex-wife getting remarried or engaged how I would feel. I'm sure it would be something like what you are going through.

3. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Wait, WTF Angola? You thought I was a girl/? How the fuck could you think I was a girl? Just because I love Love Actually? You dick...

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I had one of my great life crises when my ex-fiance married someone else. For a while, it was like I had strange alternative life. I kept hearing from friends what he was doing, that his wife had a baby, that said baby was starting school, etc. and I would think, "That could have been me."

I still wonder about that on occasion. I'm not sure it ever really goes away.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I love that movie as well, but I am a sap for those kinds of flicks. Plus, I like Coldplay.

Anyway, your sidebar says "I'm back boys" so I assumed you were a chick.

And, SC, I agree with you. I doubt it ever really goes away. You will always wonder about what could have been.

6. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I thought GBNF was an acronym for Giant Breasted Narcoleptic Female.

7. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Fuck, BGZ Don't out me.

Angola, I guess that does sound kind of weird. Might have to change it...Hmm...

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Especially with the PLAY avatar. I thought you were looking for a three-some or something. I was hoping you were a chick. Damn. Probably time to stop drinking for the night.

9. sportschick

Drunkard! :D

10. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

NEW YORK TIMES PLAY MAGAZINE YOU FREAK!

SHIT, NOW I HAVE TO CHANGE IT!!!

11. sportschick

Don't listen to him. He's probably on top of the roof about to fall off again :D

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

It never goes away. Life as you knew it is over.

Happy holidays!

Draft saved Draft deleted