1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My driving luck continues...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

TBF-

The job is a temporary one while looking for work. It's something to pay the bills.

I say sorority chick negatively because there's a large population of the stereotypical bleach-blond valley girls that act foolish. I referred to her in this manner because she was in her sorority fleece and both of us behind her listened in amazement as she called a friend after the accident and was trying to decide what shirt to take on a road trip rather than calling an insurance agent.

I said earlier it was my fault for being too close, but I still think it was moronic that she slammed on her brakes halfway through the intersection. Where she was, she would've been blocking traffic from the other directions.

The big ass vehicle/bitch part was not a characterization of all women who drive the vehicles, but mainly me venting my frustration with the one in this instance. I regret it was taken in the wrong manner. As for the negligence, the officer could have given me a ticket for colliding with a motor vehicle (like the guy in front of me) but didn't.

2. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Penis envy. ;)

Damn, Beetus, what a bitch of a day. I don't have any advice to offer except talk to your attorney friends. But I feel your pain, if that helps.

3. audreyld

audreyld Guest

To be fair, most of the original post was this kind of venting, which I think was fair and reasonable under the circumstances, especially given that Diabeetus led off the post basically acknowledging the poor day he'd had. I think we can all understand why he'd feel some negativity toward the other person involved in a situation like this.

4. HandsomeHarley

And why we shouldn't be jumping down the guy's throat for VENTING.

Everything thinks he's Socrates.

5. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I'm not sayng you should or shouldn't be giving him a hard time. I'm simply making an observation. I have no dog in this fight.

6. HandsomeHarley

I meant to say:

Everyone thinks he's Socrates.

My bad. :-[

7. KG

KG Active Member

I guess I should have made my font blue. I was just using it as a chance to plug a photo of a superduty so I can drool over it in your thread. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted