1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My driving luck continues...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Nov 2, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You could finish on her grill, but sounds like she really finished yours...

2. KG

KG Active Member

Ditto

As for your company being held liable...The hubby's car was totaled when he was using it for work. Some dumb girl on a cell phone blazed right through a red light and t-boned him and sent him spinning into two other cars in the oncoming traffic. The only thing his company was liable for was paying for the visit in the emergency room.

Edit-This was in Georgia

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Be grateful you walked away.

Tailgaiting / pressing in tight, slow traffic is frequently a product of youth. It eventually goes away,
    but it's best to fight hard against it, mentally, since it's so inconvenient/dangerous to find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

In Long Beach in 1990, going east on 6th Street toward Pine Avenue, right before St. Anthony High, a one-way street, this dude in a mid-sized sedan all of a sudden hangs a left in front of me, going 45-50, to try to make a quick left. I was in the far left lane, he was in the middle. I had no other choice but to ram straight into him in my 1987 retired LAPD Sheriff's car, which was like a boat. Left an enormous bunch of damage to his side of the car. His family was inside but no one was hurt. He was more nervous than me because he admitted to making the mistake of turning in front of me. He didn't want to get insurance involved, and since he admitted the mistake he told me I didn't have to give him any of my information. There wasn't even a scratch on my bumper. He had to have paid at least $2,000 for repairs.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Years ago, I was Car B, while delivering pizzas. Honest, this is not made up.

I was stopped because the car in front of me was stopped, waiting for traffic to clear to make a left-hand turn. It was icy (December in Minnesota) and this car came flying up way too fast and slammed into me.

I wasn't liable for anything, the driver who rear-ended me, causing me to rear-end the car in front of me, was liable. I had an 80 Chev Caprice and no damage to the car -- but I had to go through a couple months of therapy for my back.

Oh yeah. One of the other drivers from our store came by right after the accident, and after making sure I was ok, offered to deliver the pizzas for me.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Here's the first problem. You might want to find a new job. One where your managers respect you and treat you with dignity, rather than send you to fetch lunch.

Why the negative connotation here with "sorority chick?" How do you know she was in a sorority? Broad brush, there, brother.

Okay, let me get this straight. You rearend someone, and have the nerve to call someone a bitch for their driving habits? Come on, man. You have to take the responsibility, here.

Your insurance deductible -- unless you showed some gross negligence (which sounds possible). If so, a lot.

Again, why's she a bitch? Did she behave in an innapropriate manner at the scene of the accident? My wife drives a "big ass vehicle" and she's not a bitch. And she's definitely not stupid.

I really hope this is a joke.

Sorry if this is a little harsh, Diabeetus, but it sounds like you're blaming this episode on someone else.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I drive a 'big-ass' vehicle. Complete with 4WD.

And yes, I know how to use 4WD and I do use it, especially in raging blizzards, or when the dirt roads are nothing but soupy messes from spring break-up (that's the snow melting) or from days and days of steady rains.

Not all women like nor want a small, sporty car. I'd rather drive a rusty pickup before a car. I hate, absolutely HATE that feeling of sitting right on the pavement.

There's also less chance of injury if someone rear-ends us from driving too fast.

8. KG

KG Active Member

I drive a 4Runner and I'm not a bitch.

[​IMG]
    I don't care if it takes being a bitch to get one of these. I'll own that title for all it's worth for that truck.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I've never owned a Nissan, but I drove a Buick Electra Park Avenue (1986) until it had 202,000 miles and sold it for $50. I am presently driving a Chevy Lumina (1995) that has 173,000 on it and have not had many problems.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

KG, I always wanted one of the Explorer SportTracs, the like half-Explorer, half-pickup. Like a much cooler El Camino. Looked kind of like the one you posted, but more sporty and not quite as much of a load.

11. I don't know if you have received any good advice (and I'm not going to read through all of this), but right up front, remember that in this country you are still innocent until proven guilty. Plead Not Guilty to the citation. I'm not sure which state you are in, but if the officer's standard operating procedure is to write a county and a state citation, why didn't he write the state also. We know why he didn't, but a jury would not. Try to focus not so much on what you did to error in this accident, but focus on going through the process...you might learn something incredible.

You also might learn that lawyering from a prosecutorial perspective is incredibly opposite the tenants of the Constitution...certainly prosecutors today are not what the founding fathers envisioned.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

People live in the Constitution?

Draft saved Draft deleted