1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My dogs are barking!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Oct 25, 2008.

1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Try Hyaluronic Acid supplements -- they're great for nourishing aching joints, muscle and cartilage in any part of the body, and work much faster than glucosamine.
    And rub a tiny, dime-size amount of Emu oil on your feet (or anywhere that hurts). It truly is a wonder ointment.
    You can get HA and Emu oil in most any health food store.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Emu oil? I'm afraid to ask what part of an Emu is milked for such a thing.

3. gingerbread

The actual emu. Though no emu is hurt. It's been used by the aborigines in Australia for thousands of years. I've two brothers, one in the military, the other a professional triathlete, and this is the wonder "drug" that keeps their bodies in top physical condition.
    I used to get terrible neck pain from traveling and lugging around my lap top, and a dab of Emu oil rubbed into my shoulder every now and then helped cure it. Chiropractors swear by it. I know a podiatrist who sells it.
    It might seem expensive -- about $25 for a few ounces, but those ounces will last a year.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Cool, I'll look into it.

5. gingerbread

Good luck.
    Here's some basic info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_oil

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I read this in a magazine and it's worked for me: alternate soaking your feet in hot and then cold water. Do it for 5 minutes hot, then 5 cold, then 5 more in hot and then 5 in cold.

Foot pain sucks.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Another trick: Freeze a mostly-full plastic water bottle and roll it under your feet. Good for bringing swelling down.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Smash your thumb with a hammer.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

No one's mentioned shoes (I might've missed it), but that would seem like another place to look.

10. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I've got to tell you, shoes make such a difference in foot pain.

I am on my feet at work for at least 7 hours or so, dealing with stupid airline passengers. The last thing I want to think about is my feet. So I bit the bullet and bought some Ecco shoes. The. Best. Purchase. Ever.

Hands down, the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever worn. And my feet do not hurt at the end of the day. They were about 150, but they were worth it.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If you've ever been to a festival where they have those foot machines you'll know what I'm talking about.

They cost a quarter and you sit down and put your feet on this metal plate. Put in the quarter and the plate gives you about a minute of vibration that tickles all the way up your calfs. Push down just a little to get the full effect.

After a minute, your feet and lower legs are rejuvenated.

Now, finding these when there's not a festival going on, but I wonder if they have them at any shopping malls.

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Here in the South, we have Gold Bond foot powder and foot cream.

Works miracles.

Draft saved Draft deleted