1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My daughter has a friend whose mom is a strange person

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Dec 5, 2007.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

OK, this is a unique situation that the Creole clan has right now. My 4-year-old daughter, princesscreole No. 2, is in preschool and has a little friend named Emily. Nice little girl. Teacher said at our parent-teacher conference how well they play together.

Emily's mommy is really an odd person. Strange. Weird. Off the wall. Different.

Some background: Queencreole used to be a photographer at Sears with Emily's mom and another girl who all became pretty good friends. Eventually, they all left Sears (Sears sucks). For awhile, they all remained friends. Then Emily's mom and Mrs. Smith (the other friend) stopped talking for who-knows-what reasons. Then queencreole and Emily's mom stopped talking because she's just a weird person.

Anyhoo, Emily's mom and Mrs. Smith became friends again, but stopped because Emily's mom was being very weird.

For example: We all attended the same church for awhile. Emily's family stopped going because her mom was mad at the church. Why? I'm not making this up - the church didn't believe in fairies.

Another example: The last time we were over at Emily's house was when we all combined on a garage sale. Emily's mom got into an arguement with Mrs. Smith. About what? Emily's mom was angry with Mrs. Smith for telling Emily's older brothers that Pokemon wasn't real. Just a cartoon. Emily's mom was almost yelling, "You don't know that they don't exist. Pokemon could exist in another world somewhere."

Well, now princesscreole has hinted at wanting Emily over for a playdate. Emily is a nice little girl, and her dad is a decent guy. Very quiet, but a decent guy. But we really don't want to have any contact with Emily's mom again - we've heard she's getting stranger - and the thought of princesscreole spending time in Emily's mom's prescence kind of worries me.

But we don't want to tell the little princess who she can be friends with and who she can't. Any advice here would be appreciated!

Muchas grassy-ass.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Sounds like Emily's mom may need some professional help, especially if she's getting 'worse'. Talk to the girls' teacher and see if it's been negatively impacting Emily; they may be able to make suggestions or some kind of intervention.

In the meantime, have Emily to your house, but don't send the princess to Emily's house. A little normal might do Emily some good.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I looked at the thread title and thought "I knew a girl, her name was Mary Polka..."

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

king,

It may be that Emily's mom is normal and the rest of the world is nuts.

Cadet has a good idea. When dealing with kids who may have parents you don't feel comfortable about, I let the kids play at our place or a neutral place -- not at theirs.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Hit it. Hit it hard.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I'll have what Emily's mom is smokin'!!!

What a freak.

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

LOL, touche. I just don't know about the whole "fairies" thing. That really freaked me out.

Draft saved Draft deleted