1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My daughter, future miss teen Idaho

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, they have all that.

I like to be able to call the oldest when he is out and telling him to come home.

Also like taking it away -- zip -- when he acts up.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

They do have the simple phones with three or four options. I think you can have mom, dad, home, 911 etc programmed into them.

We were hesitant to get her one, but she came up with the plan to earn the phone and we thought it was reasonable. She's got a semi-fancy phone. It was only $20 more than the most simple phone (which would have been free in adding the extra line), so we splurged a little and got her an LG Chocolate. She's free to call her friends which was kind of the point in her wanting a phone.

she's had the phone for a few months now and we've had no problems. But I'm really glad we turned off the text function.

she actually did have a zero in algebra once, but that was because she left her name off the assignment. We kept the phone for a day, she went to school and found the assignment in the no-name pile and got the points added. She came home, we looked up her scores online and she had her phone a couple of minutes later.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Forgot her name?

Draft saved Draft deleted