1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My daughter, future miss teen Idaho

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Sep 5, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Louisiana?

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Upon further review, it is Florida, followed by Delaware and Louisiana.

http://americasroof.com/usa.shtml

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

We drive past the "highest elevation" sign in Florida every year and laugh. 345 feet. I have piles of socks bigger than that.

4. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Sorry for the delay; yeah, it's Florida.

5. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Ides,

No kidding, this is what worked for my daughter.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I aced my states and capitals test in fifth grade ... but only after the teacher decided to give me back the half point she deducted for spelling out Saint in St. Paul.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I guess I'm really not smarter than a fifth grader. I got a shitty education.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Speaking of edumacation:

Found this on an unnamed blog.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yup ... stretches further east AND west than South Carolina. Of course, not further south.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Add another point for our education system. Don't know how many of you saw the video of the Indian girl roller skating under a bus with a clearance of 13 centimeters (thats 5.11 inches) reported on the cablenets yesterday. Yet nobody thought, hmmm 5.11 inches, shorter than the short end of a steno book and about the width of a human hand. And yet the story was repeated throughout the day.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

West is not a tie.

If you look at a map of Soath Dakooota, its Wyoming border lies a mile farther west than its border with Montana. Therefore, S.D. wins westernmost by a nose.

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I have an udpate.

The quiz she was given at the start of the school year was a prelim. She (and the rest of the class) got to do a retake and she got 95 percent.

Thanks to those who supplied the online tests. She played on those for a few hours over the weekend and it seems to have really helped.

Draft saved Draft deleted