1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My daughter, future miss teen Idaho

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I completely misinterpreted your question. My bad.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Jeopardy had a good question the other night: Which state named after a European monarch is the furthest West?

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Louisiana?

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I learned all my geography because we had this place mat that was a map of the united states. It was something to do while I wasn't eating my vegetables.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

yep - I guessed West Virginia.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Good thing she's got her mother's looks because she's got your ... maybe Uma should study with her...

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I swear, I think that's a Trivial Pursuit card.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I never learned the state capitals in school. It's totally embarrassing. It was one of my new year's resolutions to (finally) learn them all. I'm not quite there, but almost.

9. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Moops?

10. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

And that's why my kid knows all the presidents. My wife grabbed some place mat with all their pictures, not giving it any more thought than it was the first thing available, and before we knew it we had a three-year-old who was correcting me on who came first, Rutherford B. Hayes or Benjamin Harrison.

Geography question: Each state has a "highest point," usually (of course) a mountain.

Which state has the lowest "highest point"?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Florida?

12. If it isn't Florida, how about Delaware?

Draft saved Draft deleted