1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My childhood crush ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jan 27, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

... Just told me she is getting divorced. The guy is one of my old friends from high school. The divorce will not be final for a few more months, but the girl in question has hinted at wanting a relationship with me. Weird, eh? It's something i have always wanted while we were growing up, but not if it is going to cost me a good friend. FWIW, the guy wanted the divorce. Any advice?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Bone it like you own it.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

If he's still a friend, you can't/shouldn't go there.

If you don't care about ruining whatever relationship you have with him, go for it.

4. KYSportsWriter

We used to be good friends. But not so much now.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Wait until the ink is dry on those divorce papers. You don't want to get in the middle of a messy situation if it's still ongoing.

Then bone it like you own it.

6. KYSportsWriter

Two women have told me to bone it. The men are slipping. :D

7. KYSportsWriter

One more thing: The girl has been in my kitchen. :D

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Is that what they're calling it these days?

9. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

I think I love you.

And, KYSW, I know this is my first post here and I have no credibility whatsoever (not that I'd have any if I had 10,000 posts ... in fact I'd probably have less), I'd follow the advice of those who tell you to wait until the divorce is final.
    Take it from someone who's been burned before. I've always tried to be careful, but I fell for a girl once who was seperated. I was hesitant, but she kept insisting that a divorce was a foregone conclusion, she was just getting her ducks in a row, first. Five years later, she's still married to the guy. And, no, I didn't wait around too long. I may be a fool, but I'm not a fool for long. :)

Good luck, bro.

10. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

When black people are participating, it's called being in someone's "Canadian kitchen"

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Under no circumstances should you bone your sister....

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Question, KY: Do you think your ex-friends lawyer won't stumble across this thread at some point?

Draft saved Draft deleted