1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Boys

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Nope ... the first show had her finding love in the press box. No, it wasn't with Mariotti.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

There ought to be a law against anyone intimately familiar with a certain subject matter/profession seeing a TV show or movie about it.
    The fact that its airs on Tuesdays (deadline night at my weeklies) pretty much guarantees I'll never see it.
    Still, from what I've seen, if there's any way I can remember to record it every week, I'd probably watch it just to see Ms. Spirro.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I think that will keep many here from enjoying it. If she had another profession where she "hung with the guys" -- say like owned a pub or sports bar -- it probably would be different.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah but then this exact same thread would exist at pubowners.com, the message board for professional pub owners. :D

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Think we can trade them COCKDIAN for a year's supply of Leinies?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm not a pub owner, but I enjoy the work of professional pub owners so I'm a member there as well. Look for Drunken_Wretch next time you're on that site.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Come on, spill it.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Nope .. I want to see the reaction everyone has. Plus, words can't truly describe it.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The trailer had a Liza joke, and it freaked me out.

They are always watching us.

10. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Yup, the movie "Never Been Kissed" is a total piece of shit, but is all the more so because Drew Barrymore plays a fresh out of J-school copyeditor who has her own office with a window and a secretary. I'll suspend disbelief only so far ...

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Did they have an abrasive, female media relations person who looks like she's getting the ax after the season's over?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He was a columnist, wasn't he? He could write stuff from his couch after watching on TV.

Saw a preview for MyBoys at the movies, thought she was too hot to be a sportswriter. Didn't see a mole or chin hair. Defintely not the Suzy Waldman story

Draft saved Draft deleted