1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Boys

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

TBS has been airing previews of this new show, which starts next week. It's a comedy about a hot female sportswriter from Chiacgo who has plenty of guy buddies but is looking for love.

While it has some plusses -- Jordana Spirro looks fine and Jim Gaffigan can deliver the funny almost better than anyone -- I'm fearful the cringe factor might go through the roof.

Anybody else seen anything about this?

2. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Judging by the promos, she seems to have a lot of nights off to be a sports writer.

I'm guessing it will suck mightily, but I think we might hate it more than the general public.

3. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Not as many as Ray Barone did.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Just by your description FH, this has loooooooooser written all over it.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I saw a four-page ad for this in this week's People (mmmm Clooney). Hadn't heard anything about it. But two of the guys are hot, so I'll probably Tivo the premiere.

I'm such an easy TV consumer.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I'm actually looking forward to watching this. Hopefully it follows the trend of good original TV programs on basic cable (Monk, Rescue Me, Nip/Tuck, Psych, etc.)

And yes, Jordana Spirro looks mega-fine.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I'm a big fan of Gaffigan's, too. He did great work in Ed.

hot pockets ... [/gaffigan]

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

NOBODY had that many nights off.

9. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Don't forget weekends, as well. FU Barone.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

OK .. so I just got done watching a sneak preview of My Boys (compliments of the Sheraton I'm currently staying in)

My thoughts ... it didn't wow me, but I could grow to enjoy it. Didn't have any huge laugh out loud moments. The pilot served more for character introduction.

She's a Cubs beat writer for the Sun-Times, so naturally she is going to have a Cubs pennant hanging in her apartment and wear a Cubs t-shirt when lounging around. ::)

Oh, just wait till y'all see the working enviroment of the Wrigley Field press box and the attire the reporters are wearing. :eek: It'll surely bring a laugh from this bunch.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I just pray this show doesn't have her finding love in the locker room. That would set women in the profession back a dozen years.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You can have every night off and write from your couch, just like Luppy.

Draft saved Draft deleted