1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Boys -- The Nightmare Continues

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jul 16, 2007.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

just wanted to point this out, since it seems nobody else did

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

yeah. the dollar store

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

yah ... cheese cracker and all that. Absolutely.

4. My favorite character is the dwarf with the purple sweater.

5. My favorite character is the guy who comes on and says, "Next on TBS."

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Unless he follows by saying, "The Atlanta Braves take on the Washington Nationals," I'm with you.

7. Ah, newbie, please fetch me a beer before Moddy comes along and rips out your still beating heart and plays handball with it.

8. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

Favorite part of that interview

Stewart: As a sportswriter, I have to ask: How does P.J., a purported beat writer for a major league team, manage to have such an active social life? Does she not have to cover the road games?

Jordana: (Laughs) It's a TV show, all right? If she had to be away for weeks at a time, the show would be a little bit boring. Obviously, we're suspending reality quite a bit. There are certain points where I'm like, shouldn't I have my laptop with me so it would at least look like I'd been working off-camera? But they're like, no, no

Alas, our lives are so boring ... :)

I watched it last year and the girlfriend and I will probably watch it again this season. It's not the greatest thing on television, but it's light, a little fun and cheesy.

9. That's one of the things that turned me off of Everybody Loves Raymond.
    How the hell is a major sportswriter home that much?!

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

My favorite part of the SI.com interview was the question in which Stewart Mandel flirted shamelessly with her. And yes, I realize that's kind of like the line Howie Mandel used in the early '80s when waxing nostalgic about "Gilligan's Island" episodes:

"Remember the one where they were about to find a way to get off the island, but Gilligan messed it up?"

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

That reminds me of that one episode of "Three's Company" where there was a misunderstanding.

12. I was reminded of something else.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted