1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Boys - P.J. goes to work!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, May 29, 2009.

1. Hey, he did MNF with Cosell. Twice!

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

This show needs to take the opposite arc of Sex and the City -- namely, HBO needs to pick it up so that Ms. Shapiro there can go topless from time to time.

That -- like Sex and the City -- is the only thing that will make the show watchable.

3. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

A classic, as were most episodes.

4. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

For whatever reason, I was OK with Everybody Loves Raymond. He had to be home, because he was the centerpiece of the show and everything had to revolve around him. It annoyed me that they made him a sportswriter, instead of something very 9-5, but I remember there being less and less mentions of his job as the show stayed on.
    But My Boys? I think her fanboi-dom annoys me more than the way she doesn't work. It is amusing, however, that she seemingly does not give a shit about the Bulls, Bears or Blackhawks.

5. Breathes there a man with a soul so dead/who never to himself hath said
    "DUDE!"

6. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Not to thread jack, but I like the way she is a fan and think the profession would be better off if more people genuinely enjoyed teams the way she does.
    The profession would not be better off if we worked on the same schedule she does.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You guys are all nuts. No one thinks this is what sportswriters do.

They think this is what sportswriters do:

[​IMG]

8. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Well, and I say this in the nicest possible way, that is the most fucking idiotic idea I've heard all month.

9. BRoth

BRoth Member

Watched this show occasionally during the first season. Don't anymore for all the reasons listed here. Randomly caught this episode the other night as The Lady Friend and I were flipping through the channels.

Did I miss something, or did she only have to write one column in the entire week she was at spring training? Work is hard!

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

I think that guy's word processor is about as advanced as what I had at my last job......

11. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Well, for most of the show's run, she was the Cubs beat writer, so ...

In fact, I think last week's episode was the first mention of her as a columnist. She must have recently gotten promoted.

12. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Wow. Just wow.

Draft saved Draft deleted