1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Boss Screamed at Me Tonight

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by NightOwl, May 29, 2008.

1. Boy, that escalated quickly.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

No, it's not.

It's a site read by people like Lynn Hoppes and Pat Forde and Chris Jones. It's a site on which people post job openings. It's a site that even people who don't post read.

And I sure as shit wouldn't call my bosses mindless dumb-fucks on it. Word travels. Trust me.

3. Have a Happy Hug Your Boss Day and take it to PMs. :)

4. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

It jumped up a notch.

5. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Options:
    1.) Grab them by the throat, slam them up against the wall and threaten to kick their ass like Jack Bauer.
    2.) Piss yourself.
    3.) Call 911.

6. NightOwl

NightOwl Guest

Right. Thanks, IJAG. Have you never vented your frustrations here?

I really don't care. I can make money and have a happier life when I'm not working nights, weekends, holidays and every tornado and mudslide that comes through my town. And I'm getting pretty close to that point.

My point was, I don't like getting screamed at when I'm pushing hard as hell on deadline. And we're not doing journalism anymore in my shop. We're just making sure we print on time, regardless if the stories have been edited.

You see anything wrong with that?

7. imjustagirl

Yes.

But I don't see anything unique about it.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So if you really don't care, why didn't you just tell your boss to fuck off and quit on the spot?

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Might be time for this:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. imjustagirl

OK, Diabeetus, thanks.

But this is about his boss. His evil evil boss who "screamed" at him through deadline. Just REAMED him in the middle of a newsroom, screaming at the top of her voice in the middle of an on-deadline newsroom.

So loudly that he has insulted every single person of authority at that paper.

So thanks, but he doesn't need your logic. He's got the righteous awesomeness that comes with 'venting.'

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Night Owl.. you have a few choices here...
    Grow the fuck up.
    Grow some thicker skin.
    Get the fuck out of the business now.

Poor, poor you. Your boss yelled at you. Of course, your boss's ass is on the line every night if you miss deadline by even a minute.
    But all you can see is "poor me."

12. pallister

pallister Guest

That's not a reason to be a dick, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted