1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My book - The Making of Slap Shot

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, May 12, 2010.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

LOL, thanks, IJAG. :)

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Thanks to both of you for the on-SJ promos.

A very special thanks to swenk for the support and the expertise as I muddled along. It wouldn't have come together without you.....thank you for believing in it, and in me. :)

And yes, Michael Ontkean is on board. The coolest part of that is the amount of time he has recently taken to talk with me at great length about the film and the book despite the fact that he is currently making a film with George Clooney. To think that he is taking such an interest even though he has that kind of a project on the go is very, very gratifying indeed.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Double J

Double J Active Member

LOL, that is a great idea!! We can market it like an "Animal House" DVD was several years ago - it was called the "Double Secret Probation Edition." :D

Also golden. Wouldn't it be awesome to find out she's a fan?

If it comes down to her or Kathy Bates as my literary stalker, I know who I'm wishing for!! ;D

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Double J congrats and good luck but you really have to lose that cheery "Hi Everybody opening. It makes you sound like one of those newbies that come along every few months. You are an sj veteran. No need to say hello. We all know you.

I look forward to reading. Hopefully there will be a Kindle edition

5. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Sayeth the guy who couldn't be bothered to drag his ass to Biloxi for free grub -- courtesy of said firm... ;)

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I know you think my sole purpose on this earth is to give you grief, JJ, but I am excited for you. Good luck with the book. I will definitely pick up a copy to support you and I can't wait to read it. Just so you know, when I went to the amazon.com page, despite the fact that I can't buy a copy yet, I resisted the urge to write the first review and title it, "Has he actually ever even seen the movie?!?!?" :)

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Dear JJ: You have sold at least one copy. This will make a great gift for my wife. She loved that movie, as of course did I.

8. WTH!

WTH! New Member

Make that two copies :)

9. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Congrats, JJ.

I'm sure the book will be great.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Thank you, everybody. Even you, Ragu. :D I'm humbled and grateful for all of your support and encouragement, not to mention your promises to buy a copy. :) :) :)

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If it comes with January Jones, I'm in

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Good jacket but it's too bad you couldn't have used your original title--"The Spirit of the Thing"

Like the three sets of glasses.

Wiley should be sourcing some cheap plastic ones with the tape, of course. and make them part of the publicity kit.

You know, Wiley should find a revue cinema in the Centre of the Universe (The Bloor, maybe)
    where they could do a launch party with a special screening.

Or tie in something when the Caps come town and do something with Boudreau.

Also, the book's coming out around TIFF. Now, there are some tie-in opportunities.

This book would be so much fun to work on.

T

Draft saved Draft deleted