1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My book - The Making of Slap Shot

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, May 12, 2010.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

I only voted three times myself, although I did post a link to the poll on the book's Facebook page. I guess my minions did the rest. :D

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hope you both enjoyed the movie again! As for me, I was inspired by the Toronto Star poll and watched Rocky. The funniest part was at the end of the fight when Apollo told Rocky there would be no rematch and Rocky replied that he didn't want one. Ah, if only Stallone had shown such restraint! ;)

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

DoubleJ - Listened to a bit of your interview with Dave Danis during the NMU/Denver hockey game.

http://wnmu.publicbroadcasting.net/listen.html if you want to catch it Saturday night. The puck drops at 9 p.m. eastern.

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Just ordered the book with some Xmas Indigo gift cards, looking forward to it!

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

I listened, Spike - what did you think? My voice was a bit froggy from a post-Christmas cold but I liked how it went. :)

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Did you get it from starting your car during that storm we had last week? Is it down into your lungs?

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Kidneys. But I also injured my knee in the Peterborough game.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I missed a few segments. Trying to watch Red Wings one night and Winter Classic the other made me miss a few.

It sounded good though, seems like you and Dave had some fun with the talk. Have you hooked up with any other guys from the U.P.?

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I put a few graphs of recommendation into my last column.

10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

JJ -- i just discovered that me and avatar girl have the same birthday. I'm happy to share.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

No kidding?! Happy Birthday!! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted