1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My book - The Making of Slap Shot

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, May 12, 2010.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hi everybody,

I did this a couple of years ago, but I'm starting fresh with a new thread and I hope that's okay.

My book, "The Making of Slap Shot," will finally be published in September, and I'm updating the media contact list that I started when I first signed my contract.

If anyone is interested in details and/or would like to ensure you're on the list for a review copy, please send me a PM with your particulars - affiliation, address, etc.

Any help or promotion you can give me would certainly be appreciated. With luck, I'll get to do a tour in the fall and maybe visit a bookstore and/or an arena near you. :)

We go to Florida and I get da money! ;D

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

You might want to think twice about your Glendale, Ariz., stop.

Congrats, Double J!

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Awesome, JJ.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Thanks, guys. And, Bob, if I've learned anything about the people of Glendale.....they'll buy anything. ;)

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Outing alert: Double J is really the guy whose name will be on the cover of The Making of Slap Shot

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Not much gets past you, dools. I bet his name is JJ Hansen.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Actually, it's J.J. McClure. Before I became an author, I drove an ambulance across the country. :)

[​IMG]

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Cool man. I can feature you on my blog that I've only posted on twice this year.

On second thought, that probably wouldn't help.

9. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Congrats on this, JJ.

And lo and behold. I just happen to know a good PR firm with experience in books that could help you shamelessly whore promote your book. ;D

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Double J kindly let me read an early version of the ms. The guy probably knows more about the making of the movie than any person alive or dead.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hey, thank you for the offer. And trust me, I'm not at all above shameless whoredom. I won't even scratch that out in favour of a euphemism, because it's entirely true!1 8)

1. Just like everything Dickie Dunn ever wrote. :D

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Thank you for that. I won't say I know everything about it, but it certainly was a wonderful learning experience. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted