1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

my blog

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by gatorsportsnation, Aug 25, 2008.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Not at all difficult to believe. With the number of bonus points handed out anymore, it's hardly uncommon, and that's true even of most state universities.

Of course, you'd think people who claim to be that intelligent would have the good sense not to wear jean shorts, but what can you do? :D

2. dargan

dargan Active Member

Awesome

3. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Remind me not to be around deskslave in the summer... :-[

4. No, the hatred of people mangling the art of writing runs deep. Whether it's on a blog or in the Daily Planet.

As for the average GPA of incoming freshmen being a 4.1 - well, I know the standards have gone up a lot and they're cutting enrollment by about 1,000 a year over the next four years because of the huge budget cuts they were forced to make in the last few months ($69M+? Is that the figure?). And I did read about the number of applications versus the number of accepted applicants and I can say without question that I'd be unlikely to get into my alma mater today with my 1982 qualifications.

4.1 sounds high to me (even with honors points and all that) as an average, but I would reckon it's pretty darn high.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Jay Mariotti is looking for a gig. Maybe you should ask him to write about the Gators for your blog.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Very nice post, KG. And what's the deal with jean shorts? I don't have any right now, but I don't see why they're so bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted