1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Best Damn Favorite Sports Play

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HandsomeHarley, Sep 13, 2007.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

It's been on FSN all night. Here's my most memorable plays off the top of my head:

* George Brett and Bret Saberhagen hugging after the final out of the 1985 World Series, Game 7, Royals 11, Cardinals 0
    * George Brett's 3-run home run off Goose Gossage in Game 3 of the 1980 ALCS. Sent the Royals into the World Series for the first time.
    * Joe Montana hooks up with Dwight Clark on "The Catch"
    * Dr. J's reverse layup under the basket
    * Dr. J's tomahawk dunk over Michael Cooper in the NBA Finals
    * Dante Hall's amazing return against the Denver Broncos
    * George Brett's pine-tar home run off Goose Gossage in Yankee Stadium
    * John Stallworth and Lynn Swann's amazing Super Bowl catches
    * Watching Nolan Ryan beat the hell out of Robin Ventura, who charged the moound
    * The Kansas City Chiefs winning the Super Bowl would be on this list if I were old enough to remember it

2. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Fuckabuncha85royals.

Ehhh. We wuz robbed.

3. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

*Corey Tate's shot with 5.6 seconds left in double overtime that gave Missouri a 96-94 victory over 22-0 Kansas at the Hearnes Center.
    * Kevin Cobb's 95-yard return in Memphis' upset of Tennessee and Peyton Manning. (He spun, bounced off his elbow and regained his balance during the return).
    * Christian Laettner's shot to beat Kentucky ... I woke my mom up with my screaming and I wasn't a fan of either school.
    * Francisco Cabrera sending home Sid Bream to beat the Pirates. (Again, I have no idea why I got so excited. My brother was the future Braves fan - for a little while anyway.)
    * Jim Leyritz's home run off Mark Wohlers in the '96 World Series
    * Devin Hester's kickoff return to open last year's Super Bowl
    * Steve Yzerman's goal in double overtime to beat the Blues in Game 7 in 1996
    * Michael Jordan switching hands on a layup in the NBA Finals against the Lakers
    * Street Sense's come-from-behind win in the Kentucky Derby that was my first Derby bet. I had $10 in the first Futures pool so I got him at 10-1.
    * Tadahito Iguchi's home run in Game 2 of the 2005 American League Division Series (because I saw it live and it got as loud I had ever heard a stadium get).
    * Joe Montana hitting John Taylor to beat the Cincinnati Bengals in the Super Bowl
    * Henry Waechter's safety in Super Bowl XX. I know it happened a couple of years later with the Giants but at the time, I thought it was cool.
    * Memphis State beating Alabama in 1986 (because I was there with my dad and got to hear Tide fans curse all around me. Maybe that doesn't fit in with a play though ... )

Draft saved Draft deleted