1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My baseball fantasy: espn.com getting its f-ing act together

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Apr 11, 2007.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

My league has already decided to switch to CBS Sportsline next year.

This is actually a very under-reported story, IMO. ESPN has spent millions on their Fantasy Leagues (servers, staff, promos) and yet it's completely and totally fucked up. I think we now know where all the ESPN Mobile Phone division staffers ended up!

BTW, my commish just decided that we'd start over in points but he's going to rest the rosters in the morning to reflect the rosters we had this morning. That might be a bit of a fix for some of you.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Well, I just got six free months of ESPN Insider and ESPN Magazine out of this, and I'm not even using ESPN for my fantasy league. I just signed up on it to take a look at it. Take that, ESPN!

3. SportBlogNow

SportBlogNow Member

Try Yahoo next time.

Other than that, ESPN is offering you an awsome compensation package... can't complain. Their PR and customer service is one of the reasons they're number 1... and no, I don't work for, or am affiliated with, ESPN.

Did I mention everything they touch turns into gold?

-Scott
    www.sportblognow.blogspot.com

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Sarcasm font?

5. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

That ESPN Mobile is making them a lot of money. So are the reruns of "Playmakers."

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Those aren't reruns of playmakers.. that's sportscenter with NFL offseason notes...

Draft saved Draft deleted