1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My baseball fantasy: espn.com getting its f-ing act together

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Apr 11, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I'm in an espn.com fantasy-baseball league with a bunch of other SportsJournalists.comers and I'm sure some of you are in other leagues. Well, the first to weeks have been such a mess with transactions and waiver claims not going through, that here is what espn.com says it's going to do tonight:

So any trades have to be made again. Any pickups have to be made again. Argh.

For what it's worth, Dan Patrick is teasing to the "Big Show" hour (2 p.m. ET) when Keith Olbermann will apparently rant about this subject.

The only thing good about this (other than hopefully they got their act together is):

2. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Re: My baseball fantasy: espn.com getting is f-ing act together

Fantasy baseball is free and it SUUCCKS!
    Memo to ESPN: More money on tech support, less on Geddy Lee cameos and flowing white wigs for Peter Gammons.

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

All the more reason to use Yahoo! for baseball.

4. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

You've got to be kidding me. That's the worst possible solution. Why not just make everyone draft again? It makes just as much sense.

5. ondeadline

I called and requested that they NOT do this in our league and was told that this is going to be done in all leagues.

6. Dignan

Dignan Guest

This has to be the biggest fantasy league clusterfuck of all-time.

Fortunately, my commish signed us up for yahoo about three days into the season. We've been using both sites while ESPN tried to get its shit together. ESPN's "solution" is unacceptable.

7. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Two of my nerdier friends had a conference call with an ESPN.com fantasy higher-up last week to vent. Yes, they have jobs and in one case, a wife.

8. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

I am going to assume that everyone is our league is an honest person since they are all SJers but I pity the poor people stuck in leagues with assholes who are going to go back on previous trades because they didn't work out or grab free agents they aren't entitled too. What a major fuck up. Nice job ESPN.

9. ondeadline

I didn't make any trades, but I hope that everyone who did make trades resubmits them.

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Not as bad the The Great FoxSports.net Fantasy Football Fiasco of 2005. Ah, I remember it well ...

11. leo1

leo1 Active Member

this is incredible. i hope everyone who is using ESPN switches to yahoo or sportsline next year.

my league has an annual debate about whether to use yahoo or sportsline. yahoo won this year. apparently anything's better than espn.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Or CBS Sportsline.

Draft saved Draft deleted