1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My appearance on Remote Control in 1989 is on You Tube.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by patchs, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm on a computer that won't handle video well ... did the Stud Boy make an appearance?

2. patchs

patchs Active Member

No Sandler (or Leary).
    And no, I'm not Ilene.
    I did think Ober flirted with her too much. I have no clue what happened afterward.

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

My spelling skills are a little off tonight. No tapping before the taping.

4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Very, very cool. MTV was just so much cooler then.

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I was hoping you were Tony, because his haircut is awesome.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Patchs helped bring about the end of MTV as we knew it — the channel that played videos.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Shoulda filed a protest over having a shitty buzzer in your final round. No way Ileen coulda had that good of timing. You got screwed bud.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Yabba-dabba-dooooooooo.

And yeah, what Beef03 says. Either you had the worst timing ever, or your buzzer was malfunctioning. It seemed like you had the answers much quicker than her on every final-round question.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Sadly your name didn't come up in the chapter on Remote Control in the new MTV oral bio!

10. patchs

patchs Active Member

Jersey Shore is my fault?
    I will take credit for Bevis and Butthead lol.

11. patchs

patchs Active Member

When the episode aired for the first time, I was shouting at the tv. I knew I was buzzing in before her. But I went back recently and figured the amount of points I would have gained if my buzzer worked right wouldn't have been enough to win. I wanted to win but feel I gave it my best. It was a lot of fun.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I was in Deutschland helping to turn the light switch out on the Evil Soviet Empire about the time this came out. While defending MTV's right to stop showing videos.

You're welcome.

Draft saved Draft deleted