1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My 2 years old boy refuses to toilet train!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by andrews_mom, Sep 16, 2008.

1. The Granny

The Granny Guest

I'll cut ya.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And was spnited a fun date?

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

2 is young, especially for a boy. What worked wonders once is setting up the only TV / video he could watch in the bathroom.

4. Joe Mac

Joe Mac New Member

My five year old, didn't get trained until 3 1/2. Don't worry. If he's your fist kid they usually take longer. Subsequent siblings follow the lead of the older one.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

put him in the cat litter box and graduate up to the toilet.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

true dat. is he less than 30 months? don't pressure him. when he's tire of sitting in his own poop, he'll let you know. the three shockey boys were potty trained when they were 3 or so. their girl pals were about six months ahead.

don't sweat it. this is small stuff. just wait for the bigger stuff to sweat. it's a-comin'.

7. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I have a boy and a girl and the boy took much longer to potty train. Heck, he's 5 now and he still pees his pants once a month. he still has to wear a pull-up to sleep.

Don't sweat it. Boys are slow.

I agree with the thing about making it a big deal and giving lots of positive reinforcement when he does use the potty.

We told my son that he'd get some M&Ms whenever he peed in the potty. But he didn't quite understand, so usually he'd be peeing down his leg in the middle of the living room and wondering where his M&Ms were. :)

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Possible sig alert.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Just because you got back doesn't mean you hit everything you aimed for.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm still afraid of the toilet. That's why I use the lawn.

11. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

That was yours. I thought Murphy had eaten the neighbor's cat.

12. KG

KG Active Member

Try getting the cloth training pants. They are basically like the old cloth diapers but sewn together like underwear. Then you use a pair of the "plastic pants" over them. It keeps the pee and poo off their clothes, but they actually feel it on themselves, unlike how it is with a diaper that pulls all the ick away from their skin. When he gets sick of having to feel that every time, he should be more prone to want to use the potty.

Draft saved Draft deleted