1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MVPs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MankyJimy, Sep 21, 2012.

1. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

In the NL, I would vote for Brawn if the Brewers make the playoffs. If not him then Posey.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter. Not only will Jeter win it this year, they will retroactively take the 2009 award away from Mauer and give it to Jeter. While we're at it, take the 2006 award from Morneau and hand that one to Jetes, too. The Twins have been that bad this year. (Is that close?)

Serious question. PED rumors about Cano? Where did Mankster get that one from?

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I like my misteak medium rare, closer to rare. Pittsburgh style. With sauteed mushrooms.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

If they do any retroactive awarding they can take Pat Hentgen's Cy Young and give it to Andy Pettitte. Then either take away Ichiro's Rookie of the Year or give one to Hideki Matsui.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Posey might very well win the NL MVP, he's had a helluva year, he plays an important position, and the Giants are a sure playoff team.

But I sleep well at night knowing the Brewers have the best player in baseball.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Mike Trout?

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I was going to go with Matt Kemp. Since I value defense and all.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

So do I. Braun's at double digits in Baseball-Reference's defensive runs saved above average. He's just barely below average in range factor.

Take away his disaster zone year at third base and his first year in left and he's been pretty good.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Justin Verlander?

10. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

I too would agree that Braun is the best current player in MLB. What is his contract status? He would look good in pinstripes.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Sorry, Bubbler. You lose.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Locked up very long-term. Till at least 2020, I believe.

Draft saved Draft deleted