1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MVC college hoops

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 7, 2007.

1. WSKY

WSKY Member

MVC = most overrated conference

2. Bears00

Bears00 Member

Wouldn't that be MOC?

3. WSKY

WSKY Member

I guess so.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Evansville has had their moments -- I recall that they and Old Dominion were D-II rivals before my time -- but lately it seems you'd get a better game from Evanescence.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

It did? Is there a fire sale somewhere on old sleeved team jerseys? Man, I'd love to get my hands on some of those.

As for E-ville basketball, it's suffering from the Curse of Parrish Casebier. Hey, doesn't every struggling team get to have a curse?

EDIT: In Googling to double-check his name, I found an update on him, at least as of Fall 2005. He's played pro ball everywhere -- and arena football.

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2005/11/18/sports/doc437d53f56ebd9262894262.txt

6. BillySixty

BillySixty Member

I would love to see an MVC-Big Ten challenge. Missouri State already has a victory over Wisconsin.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Indiana State beat Purdue. I think the MVC would come out ahead in any sort of challenge with the Big Ten.

8. BillySixty

BillySixty Member

The MVC is like the Big 10's obnoxious little brother. Their sick of the attention the older brother gets and think its only a matter of time before they start taking big brother to school on a regular basis. Every now and then, they're right.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So if the series were based on current conference standings, with ties broken by national ranking or gut feel and home sites alternating (not the most scientific way to do this, but what is?):

Missouri State at Ohio State
    Michigan at Northern Iowa
    Indiana State at Wisconsin
    Indiana at Creighton
    Southern Illinois at Penn State
    Iowa at Bradley
    Evansville at Minnesota
    Michigan State at Wichita State
    Illinois State at Illinois
    Purdue at Drake

Who wins?

10. Ohio State
    Northern Iowa
    Wisconsin
    Creighton
    Southern Illinois
    Bradley
    Minnesota
    Wichita State
    Illinois
    Drake

11. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

fwiw, I'm done gambling on this league. Too much parity.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Missouri State has lost three games by a total of seven points. I haven't looked at any of the other school pages, I just went to the Missouri State page to see the plans for their new arena.

This league is a pretty good league. I'm impressed. I think the conference schedule could e interesting for the few near the top.

Draft saved Draft deleted