1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mutiny In Iraq

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Bullshit.

Oh wait.

It does require a simple mind to understand the truth where people like you are concerned.

First casualty, you guys were claiming the president failed your troops.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Some folks don't have a clue what victory or defeat are.

3. Thanks, Ben.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe you should switch from eating paste to sniffing glue. Maybe it will trigger your neuron.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Fuck you. Really, just go fuck yourself. Do not purport to tell me that you know what I believe in my heart. Do not tell me that I want our troops to die in Iraq, you arrogant cocksucker.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

No wonder some of you are so revisionist. You can't remember history beyond emotion and yesterday.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Another example of diverting from an issue discussion to resort to childish, immature words.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yawn,

Read:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/30/international/middleeast/30armor.html?_r=1&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin

Read again.

Read until you can comprehend the story.

And then tell me our leadership hasn't failed our troops.

9. Yawn, let me ask you an honest question.
    Let's put aside Iraq and political believes and all that for a minute.
    Let's say some future president who is an independent takes us to war for literally no good reason (I'm not asking you to conceed this is what happened in this case).
    If that happened, wouldn't even one troop death be too many? Wouldn't that president have failed the troops?

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

And the award for unnecessarily ramping up the conflict goes to...hockeybeat!!!

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Not trying to start a pissing contest, for sure. That's not my thing.

I'd just like folks who think the "army is coming apart" to read the entire story and not just toss out a 15-inch excerpt from E&P. At least have a clue before trying to start a fight, that is.

12. I should have made it clear, I was referring to Yawn accusing people of wishing for failure in Iraq.
    We can disagree about the war and why we are there, but I don't know anyone who is wishing for our troops to die.

Draft saved Draft deleted