1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mutiny In Iraq

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 17, 2007.

1. The army is coming apart.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003686058

Here's the official DoD release on the death of Sgt. McKinney, god rest his soul
    http://www.defenselink.mil/releases/release.aspx?releaseid=11126

Seems a bit incomplete.
    And, for historical purposes, this is the kind of thing we didn't hear about in Vietnam until AFTER the war was over.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The army is coming apart?

Because a PLATOON refused a mission? Really? Tell me this. How many men were in 2nd platoon, Charlie 1/26?

Have you read the Army Times series? Or are you just throwing out links to stories that even you say are "incomplete"?

Edit to add that it's a 3-part series. This is the third part. The first two were just as long and moving. If you haven't read the series, your analysis is probably not as good as it could be.

And, by the way, go watch five of your closest friends die, then walk into your boss' office and watch him blow his brains out. It'd be hard for you to function, too, doncha think?

And that's not all. I guess you didn't read the part about C/1/26 being the hardest hit unit in the war -- losing more men, including one who's probably going to be awarded the MOH for literally JUMPING ON A GRENADE, than any other unit since this thing began.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

It's Monday. He's been sulking all weekend on the news that we might be dropping troop number in what's becoming a successful mission in Iraq to re-address Afghanistan - which, as he has even pointed out, was the appropriately real focus of our attention in the first place. When your cause is losing, this is what you get.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I love the smell of hyperbole in the morning.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What cause is that that is losing?

Hey, I hope things get stabilized and we get our people out soon.

Not sure that constitutes a "spread of Democracy throughout the Middle East" but I guess you take what you can get and call it a victory.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

The cause that prays that we FAIL in Iraq, perhaps?

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

There is no one praying that we fail in Iraq, yoou moron.

The sad thing is there is no such thing as victory in Iraq and 3,500 US military have died for no good reason.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Some folks hereabouts are still fully committed to defeat.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

OK. Maybe "praying" is the incorrect word for some in here.

But there sure is a hell of a lot of hoping. And if you're in denial of that, you aren't watching the left fringe of the Democratic Party too close... a pretty wide fringe.

10. I love how charged things become when it is about a war.
    I will speak only for myself here: I want the troops home safely as soon as possible. I want as few lives lost as possible. I don't believe there is any way we can achieve our objectives in Iraq. I said that from the start.
    I guess somehow that makes me anti-troop to some.
    Whatever. I want them to be around when we need them for an actual threat to our country. Some want them to be over there dying for a lost cause.
    Who is anti-troop again?

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You simple-minded, arrogant asshole. No American wants our troops to fail in Iraq. People like Fenian and I and others believe our leaders failed our troops. Unsurprisingly, your IQ of -8 can't comprehend the difference.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I have about five heroes on this board.

A Different Okie is one of them.

He's right, a lot, and he saves me a TON of keystrokes.

Thank you, again.

Draft saved Draft deleted