1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mustang is going to the Final Four!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Apr 1, 2009.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

My brother just called. Said he got four tickets through the UCONN athletic department at face value $210 for all three games.

I'm not a State fan, but I am rooting for them because I want the Big Ten to do well. And it should be very interesting, our tickets are in the UCONN student section.

I can't believe I am paying this much for tickets, but the game is in my own backyard. I went to the Final Four in 2005 and paid $175, but when State lost to NC, I sold my championship game for $500 and it paid for my entire trip.

So if anyone from SportsJournalists.com is down there and wants to get a beer let me know.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Congrats, man.

If State loses again in the semis, there's gonna be plenty of tix available for the final.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Wear a fireproof suit if Sparty wins the whole thing.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Is it some April Fool's joke?

If not, how often does one get to go to a Final Four?

5. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Once, F_T. 1996. A senior at Syracuse, I followed them from the Big East tourney to the Final Four in the Meadowlands (the last one in a small arena). Best sporting experience of my life. Made the worst four years of my life worth it.

Mustang, take it all in, man. And go State! My home state could use some good news right about now.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Final Four tickets are the easiest major U.S. sporting event tix to acquire.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Agreed. I went in 2006 (Hi, BYH!), but having them played in domes makes it hard to re-sell any unused tickets. Barely got face value for some extra tickets we had simply because they were so easy to get elsewhere. After the semis, I think I sold my Monday night ticket (great seats, by the way) for maybe $100, prolly a little less.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Only if you're dressed as a couch.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

JakeandElwood will be at the National Championship game. Hope to see you there, mustang.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

When I got my tickets in 2005 it was because I had season tickets to the Izzone student section. Except I bought those tickets and sold them to make some cash to pay for Jimmy John's and beer. In actuality, the profits went to the Final Four tickets.

I really can't believe my brother ended up getting four tickets. But UCONN released tickets last night, he ordered four and they charged the card this morning. So it should be fun.

The ironic thing will be, that as of this weekend I will have been to two final fours featuring MSU, but no riots, despite living at Riot central for two years. I even bought a video camera one year to catch it all on tape. No luck.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That's like 15 percent of our fantasy basketball league.

12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Ha. I really sucked in that league. I blame the autodraft.

Draft saved Draft deleted