1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Must-visit U.S. cities

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 20, 2014.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No doubt about it (and yes, I'm biased).

Boulder is fun. Fort Collins has a cool vibe to it. Then there are the mountain towns -- and not the high-end snobbish places.

1. Durango.
    2. Steamboat
    3. Breck
    4. Crested Butte
    5. Telluride (though it's trending into Aspen territory for snobbishness, but it's still cool)

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

You can't go wrong from SLO to Monterey along the 1. Big Sur. Cambria. Morro Bay. Spectacular. Oh, and HIGHLY recommend Hearst Castle.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Jackson Hole, WY.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

They're called "Ski Town's " for a reason.

In ski category give me a real city -- Park City

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'll be there next summer for a family reunion. I need to work out in preparation for the MMA combat area that is the wave pool at Noah's Ark.

Outside of that, you just need beer, cheese and suntan lotion and you'll do OK. Oh, and a credit card with some room on it ... :p

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to knock Pasadena. It's a nice town. I've been to a few small galleries there, but I've really only been there once or twice.
    Actually found some guitar picks there in a little music store, and now I order them all the time. I love those picks.

For art in LA, though, I recommend LACMA and the Getty.
    And the Watts Towers absolutely blow me away.

Small town with a surprisingly great art museum? Colorado Springs. A really fantastic little museum there.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Not mentioned yet, but a vastly underrated place to visit -- Spokane.

Coeur d'Alene and Jackson Hole are amazing, of course.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yes, yes, yes. Best vacation my wife and I ever took was renting a convertible and driving from Vegas west to L.A., then the Pacific Coast Highway north through all those stops.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

and Pit Bull. You have to have Pit Bull.

" Back in 2014 I was interning at a dot com start up in San Jose and one weekend
    headed up to Monterey to catch the pop festival featuring Bieber, Gaga, Miley, the Drive-By Truckers and Pit Bull. Best concert ever."

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Not long after college, I spent New Year's Eve in Lancaster. We went to stay at a friend-of-a-friend's house, and the friend-of-a-friend was in a band that was playing NYE.
    It was at a place called the Inn Deep, and we took a sh#t-ton of acid.
    And somebody got shot.
    And later that night, one of the other guys who lived in the house tried to get on my girlfriend.
    Very weird trip.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You guys were a cemetery away from doing it right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twBsqfymTYk

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Kansas City
    Red River, NM
    Las Vegas
    Breckenridge, CO
    Crested Butte, CO
    Colorado Springs
    Minneapolis, MN

Draft saved Draft deleted