1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Must-visit awful U.S. cities

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JohnHammond, May 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

There's a lot wrong with the IE.

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Elizabethtown, KY?

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

A damn speed trap on I-65.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

5. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

East Cleveland, West Cleveland, South Cleveland.

6. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

I'll second this. Memphis is a shithole, but you have to go, at least once, to Beale Street, have some BBQ and check out a blues club. Not sure I'd ever go to Memphis by choice, but I'm glad I've done it at least once.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

One HUGE reason to visit Memphis.

[​IMG]

SFIND likes this.
  8. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Drove thru Ocean City, MD once. I can't stand crowded, drunken, dirty bro scenes and it seemed like hell. Bethany Beach, nearby, on the other hand, seemed like a nice place to kick back.

9. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

How you feel about Wichita is how I feel about Dallas.

10. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I need to add Alexandria Bay, New York, because I am longing to go back.

The place is a dump. A touristy hell hole. The shops are dusty with old products. The restaurants are sad and not very good. Other than the Captain Visger House, there are no good places to stay. I hated everything about the village.

But hop on a boat and start exploring the islands and you'll be amazed. Boldt Castle. Singer Island. Neighboring Clayton has nice shopping and an antique boat museum.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I hear that about Ocean City from time to time. Myself, I love most everything about it. Love the drive down from Annapolis, love the little dives on and around the Boardwalk, love the Phillips seafood buffet.

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Bristol, Conn. Keith Olbermann once called it the most God-forsaken city on earth. Having once worked there, I agree, even though unlike KO, I can drive.

Draft saved Draft deleted