1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Must not've been much to see

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Hope I'm not d_bing

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/09/15/cooley.ap/index.html

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) -- Washington Redskins tight end Chris Cooley apologized Monday for posting an explicit photo of himself on his Web site.

Cooley accidentally revealed more of himself than he wanted when he took a picture Sunday morning while preparing for the game against the New Orleans Saints. Cooley wanted to show the readers of his popular blog some of the study materials the players were given by coach Jim Zorn.

Cooley, however, was studying in the nude, and he didn't examine his photo closely before posting it.

"All apologies from the website. ... We did not want to offend anyone," Cooley said in a posting Monday afternoon after the photo was removed. "The picture wouldn't have been up for so long, but we were in the middle of winning a big game. Once again, this was a complete accident, and we regret not reviewing the post more closely."

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yes, he accidentally took a picture of himself in the nude and posted it.

Yeah, I buy it.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I hate it when that happens. ::) ::)

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's Cool.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The old: "I was studying so hard, I didn't realize I was naked" excuse.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

To be fair, I'm guessing he probably took the photo with a mirror in the background, or something like that. It's not like he was holding the books around his penis and took the picture.

7. This was on Deadspin a couple days ago. He was taking a picture of the playbook resting on his knees.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Using his pointer as a highlighter.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Calculated move to draw attention to his blog.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So he's either a perv or he reads the playbook on the commode.

That might actually be a good strategy. They'd never let you turn in the playbook if you read it in the bathroom.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It's been flagged.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So he was studying his post routes?

Draft saved Draft deleted