1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

must-have magazines

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jeff_Rake, Nov 18, 2006.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Barley Legal
    New Yorker
    Atlantic Monthly
    Vanity Fair

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

that's what i love about the new yorker... i read a 10,000 word story on ballet shoes once in there and it was riveting. great stuff. it doesn't matter what they're writing about, usually it's great and that's what i love about the magazine

3. e4

e4 Member

men's health and men's jouranl

4. snakeplkn

snakeplkn New Member

Fortune - great insights on the economy, how business really works

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Some of the magazines I enjoy wouldn't interest you much, but I stumbled into American Heritage a while back & now subscribe & enjoy it.

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

If you're planning on subscribing or renewing, check out eBay for subscriptions. No kidding. I was pointed there from another forum and wound up getting my niece two annual subscriptions for a total of $16. One's regular retail was $20 annually; through one particular clearinghouse on eBay, I got it for $3.60.

Titles I checked were fairly limited, but they had what I needed.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Four Four Two, F1 Racing, Mojo, Trains, Classic Trains, SI ... others.

Oh yeah, and I don't go anywhere without my library of Screw back copies. Al Goldstein ... food for the brain.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Economist is a great read but it's pricey (at least up here). Tons of reading in there, you need to devote a good hunk of time to it every week.

Mojo and Q are two great - and expensive - British music mags.

I get SI, Rolling Stone (yeah, I know it's gone for a major shit but I've been a subscriber since 1980) and Playboy (for the articles, natch).

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

SI: For Kids.

Buzz Beemer is one crazy cat. I never get me enough Buzz.

Really though, damn, you guys were right about e-bay. Holy crap. I'm just going through all the magazines I'd want, and they're so cheap I don't know how I don't order. I'll never be able to read them all, but at those prices, I think I'll get at least a few.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Lookin' for fun and feelin' grooovyyyyyy.....

12. accguy

accguy Member

About Basketball Times, you get it for free if you join the US Basketball Writers. And you get a Marriott VIP card.

Draft saved Draft deleted