1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Must Have Been Pats Fans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Million dollar heist including Giant Super bowl rings from Company that is making them:

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/articles/2008/06/10/news/3284959.txt

2. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

C'mon, Boom ... everyone knows it was Putin.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

And everyone knows the Giants already got their Super Bowl rings.

Might have been a big heist, but it has nothing to do with Giants rings.

4. Boom_70

Once again spitted devoid of original thought and journalistic instincts. The Giant staff has not gotten their rings yet.

"Around $1 million to $2 million in gold, diamonds and jewelry, including New York Giant Super Bowl rings, were stolen from a city jewelry company in one of the largest heists in the city's history."

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think I heard they had tapes of the security guards defensive formations and procedures.

6. Boom_70

Maybe Bill Belichick was the mastermind behind the heist.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

This is far from a smear on Tiffany, despite efforts to make it so, Boom. ::)

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I will bet any money all of these guys get caught when one of the rings ends up on Ebay or Craigslist.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Good point. The thieves can't all claim they're punters or kickers, can they? :D

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

And I am saying the reporting is inaccurate because the Giants received their rings a few weeks ago, amid much hoopla, at a ceremony in NYC.

Sorry the facts don't jibe with the story, boob.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Giants players, maybe. But what about coaches, the front office, trainers, secretaries, security, etc.?

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

From what someone who covers the Giants told me, all team personnel got their rings within a day or two after the players ceremony.

Draft saved Draft deleted