1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(Musically speaking) Worst comeback attempt ... ever?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

A friend of mine says he's been to "at least 15 Van Halen concerts" and he said the latest (a couple weeks, maybe months ago now) was the worst he's ever seen.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

PiL wasn't great, but "Rise" was a great song. PiL had its moments.

My vote goes to Alice In Chains, now touring without Layne Staley. Fuck that.

3. Mira

Mira Member

INXS with the reality show dude who replaced Michael Hutchence (may he rest in peace).

4. Would you prefer they dig Layne up and haul what's left of his carcass out onstage?

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yes, I think I would.

6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Third-ed. Here's a prayer that Rick Rubin can save them. As for recent flops, Britney has to be at the top. Hey blondie, here are a few tips: stop parading around like a stripper, flashing your over-used cooch & get your ass into rehab for the next year or however long it takes to get it through your white-trash skull that drugs are bad. At the same time, take a couple parenting classes, too.

Oh, lose the numbers, screen names & e-mails for Ho-bag Hilton and LiLo.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I might have added Fleetwood Mac to this category for Say You Will and touring without Christine McVie, but they brought it at the two shows I went to on that tour. Of course, the first one was a Lindsey Buckingham tour de force while Stevie Nicks was just there. The second one was the Stevie Nicks show: She was MUCH more into it the second time around.

I ended up saying "55 my ass!" during "Stand Back." She was THAT good.

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

How the fuck was St. Anger a comeback album? Metallica never broke up and I would argue that their album and ticket sales never slumped significantly enough to be called a "comeback".

You want bad comebacks, it's all about Motley Crue.

9. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Re: (Musically speaking) Worst comeback attempt ... ever!

Mayfly, Germans love him for some reason. Their response to you would be "DON'T HASSLE THE HOFF!!!"

I, on the other hand was mortified with that singing routine he displayed on the America's Got Talent finale.
    How can he rate talent if he sucks at singing?

Mira, I agree that the new guy from INXS, JD Fortune from New Glasgow Nova Scotia sucks. So much so that they lost their American distribution deal.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I think he tries too hard to follow in Michael Hutchense's footsteps. ANYONE replacing a frontman like that is going to be viewed negatively no matter how good he or she is. Even if Brian Griese were a Hall of Fame caliber quarterback, he'd still be viewed unfavorably in Denver because he replaced John Elway.

I actually sang "Pretty Vegas" at karaoke one night and one of my friends made it a point to tell me she liked my version of it. She'd also tell me if I didn't do so hot on a song, so I consider that a good compliment.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Alice Cooper in the late 80s when he came under the tutelage of Kip Winger and did that album with the song Poison on it. Also, Kiss' music during the hair metal era.

Draft saved Draft deleted