1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Music you wish you had...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Anything by Rammstein.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I don't think that cover of "Dead Flowers" was actually released. If you want it, just get a program that will record streaming audio and tape it off YouTube.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

One of the few things I've considered pursuing is some releases by Brand X, an instrumental group in which Phil Collins worked percussion. Also, some of Earth, Wind & Fire's '70s albums. I already have "Serpentine Fire" and "I Am" ... may add "That's The Way Of The World," and "Spirit" at least.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I used to have a list, but thanks to eBay, the original Napster and iTunes I've found them.

I searched for two things for about 15 years: U2's single of "A Celebration" and Elvis Costello's cover of "The End of the Rainbow" by Richard and Linda Thompson. I found the vinyl 7" of "A Celebration" on eBay, and now also have it through iTunes. I found "End of the Rainbow" through Napster.

One other I found, with an internet assist: there used to be a SoCal band in the early 80s called The Living Daylights that had a surf instrumental named "Catbox Beach." I never found a copy and wasn't even sure it was even commercially released. A year or two ago I Googled it and found out the leader of the Living Daylights was a guy named Rusty Anderson, and he's spent most of the past couple of decades in Paul McCartney's backing band. He released a solo album in 2005 and it included "Catbox Beach." He even got Stewart Copeland to play drums on it. Pretty damn good album, by the way.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I have this. It's on an EP. PM me if you'd like a copy.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

This is how I found two obscure 80s singles that I had been searching for for years that to my knowledge had never been released on CD. Sound quality isn't great but it's way better than nothing.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Hubba Hubba Zoot Zoot.

It's from the early 80s and it was on the radio every morning when I was getting ready for school.

8. RossLT

RossLT Guest

As corny as it sounds I wish I could find a place that would let me download the Will.I.Am Yes We Can track.

9. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I never got to screw Darius Rucker. Or Prince. Sigh.. Those are my musical regrets.

Draft saved Draft deleted