1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MUSIC THREAD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 4, 2006.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Not sure if it counts, but I'll throw it out there, anyway:

http://www.kvno.org/

KVNO, probably the best classical music station I've found. They play a wide selection of composers and also do jazz on Friday and Saturday nights. Free streaming in Real, Windows Media and Quicktime formats.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Anyone else not able to stand the new rap song that has the "oompa-loompa" dancers and the hook is "I don't like the look of it"?

UGH just friggin stupid! And I like rap!

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Thanks for this. I listened to beethoven.com for a while but the announcers got annoying. We're lucky in Canada to have CBC radio. CBC 2 plays mainly classical and jazz and carries live opera broadcasts every Saturday afternoon.

4. DENNY

DENNY Guest

I've been listening to Jose Gonzalez's "Veneer" a lot lately.

http://www.myspace.com/josegonzalez

5. I've been enjoying the Terry Reid "Superlungs" compilation. I bought it a few months ago, but never gave it more than the original listen. Groovy.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I went out an treated myself to the Animals retrospective and it is getting a lot of action in my truck. Another great but unsung group of the 60's

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Animals unsung? Are you kidding me? After the Stones & Beatles, they were probably one of the top 10 bands.

8. Maybe not unsung by you, but by classic rock radio and modern press. Pretty unsung, probably, they never even made it to the 70s. And because they relied on Price's keyboards more then guitar craziness, they're never included in that holy trinity of Willie Dixon ripper-offers.

"Don't Bring Me Down" is goosebump-stuff, while "San Franciscan Nights" is fucking hilarious.

9. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

after listening, come back with what you thought. I can't say I was blown away by it...will admit I could change my mind with several more listens, though.

10. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

I'm about halfway through the gnarls barkley right now. It's all right.
    For those who dig it, I'd wholeheartedly recommend Cee-Lo's two solo albums.
    Cee-Lo Green and his perfect imperfections
    and
    Cee-Lo Green is the soul machine

honestly, I think they put what I'm listening to now to shame. he's probably my favorite hip-hop person in many years and those two albums are phenomenal.

11. danny_whitten

danny_whitten Member

My Morning Jacket's "Z" is running non-stop in the player and in my head. It's spooky, kind of like the Flaming Lips' "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots."

12. John

John Well-Known Member

I like it, but there aren't any songs I immediately love. Riot Act had two or three songs I really dug the first time I heard them. I'm sure this will be a CD that I enjoy more every time I hear it, but I must admit that I was expecting a little more.

Draft saved Draft deleted