1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MUSIC THREAD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 4, 2006.

1. 4040club

4040club New Member

Been listening to Mark Knopfler/Emmy Lou Harris' All The Roadrunning and it's excellent. Also liking this fellow named Joshua Radin. He's available on iTunes and his album comes out in a week or so. Fans of Scrubs might recognize some of his stuff, he's been on there a couple times. I'd recommend checking out his song "Winter"

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I've just heard Daniel Powter's "Bad Day" for th 10000th time and I'm very sick of this song. This made me realize that this Powter guy has 1 hit wonder potential.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Glad to see some love for the Bottle Rockets. The Brooklyn Side is one of my favorite albums of the 90s, and "Thousand Dollar Car" is a masterpiece of songwriting.

4. abelives

abelives Guest

I really like the Matthew Sweet-Susanna Hoffs collaboration that came out last month - all covers, including two Neil Young songs ("Cinammon Girl," "Everybody Knows This is Nowhere"), a Beatles song ("And Your Bird Can Sing"), Linda Ronstadt ("Different Drum"), a Beach Boys tune, the Mamas and the Papas, The Who, etc., etc.

I love both their voices, so this plays well for me.

5. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Speaking of Jeff Buckley, I was prowling around YouTube.com for the first time the other day (punch in "Ronaldinho", it's awesome) and stumbled onto some great Jeff Buckley clips. They were live performances from some French TV show. Truly amazing. I've gotta replace his stuff in my library.

6. hachat11

hachat11 Member

Well, thanks to the sterling reviews on this board, I purchased Stadium Arcadium yesterday. It's my first Chili Peppers album - I have some other singles on my playlists - and I can't stop listening to it. There's so many songs with great beats to them and that's made for some good driving music.
    So far, I'm partial to the second disc.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

You really should go buy "Blood Sugar Sex Magik." It's my favorite CD, without question.

And yes, the second disc on Stadium Arcadium is much better.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Chiming in with a shout-out for my current Album of the Summer:

Editors

Vocals sound a bit like Ian McCullough while the music is very 80s U2.

9. Terd Ferguson

Terd Ferguson Member

Anybody listen to Cat Power?
    I'm thinking about purchasing Living Proof based on a couple songs that I've heard on XM, but in these days of $15-per gallon gas, I have to invest a little more wisely in my music. So is it worth it or what?

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

OK, I've heard a song by The Fray on VH1 a few times. I like it, because it's rockish without really being rock. And we all know my general aversion to guitars.

Anyone know anything about these guys?

11. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

They kick serious ass.

And their song out now, "Over My Head," is badass in a melancholy sort of way.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

That's the one I've heard. Is the rest of their CD harder than that? I don't like rock, but that's more of a piano rock kind of harder Coldplay kind of thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted