1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MUSIC THREAD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 4, 2006.

1. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Not sure how many people on here care, but figured I'd throw it out there anyway.

Something Corporate announced, as had been rumored, at Saturday's Bamboozle Chicago show the band will be doing a full-blown nationwide tour starting in August.

I didn't get a chance to check out any of the Bamboozles this spring to see the band because of other commitments (work, weddings, etc.) so I'm pumped. My brother made the trek to the Chicago show and said the whole vibe and performance was spectacular.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Digging the new LCD Soundsystem and Black Keys albums.

Also listening to Kings Go Forth, a retro soul group from Milwaukee. Obviously, nothing groundbreaking (or original) about them, but the tunes are top-notch:

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Meet Janelle Monáe. She's about to blow up (I'm too white to say that) despite putting out a debut album that doesn't fit any specific genre.

Anyway, this song is catchy as hell:

4. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

That new Black Keys record is spectacular. Listened to it twice today.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Odds are you'll go the rest of the year and not hear a better CD than Carole King and James Taylor Live at the Troubadour. Fantastic songs, even better sound, and a DVD to go along with. Superb, and I'm calling for a Grammy nomination.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

If you liked her last two albums, you'll love Tift Merritt's new one "See You On The Moon". Lots of great stuff on it.

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Sleigh Bells' "Treats" is gonna be my album of the summer. Can't stop listening to it.

New Black Keys, Jack Johnson, Dead Weather, Blitzen Trapper, etc. etc., but I keep going back to Sleigh Bells.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Jeff Beck's 'Emotion & Commotion' is pretty good.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Have downloaded that one but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

I have heard Vince Neil's new one, Tattoos & Tequila, which is the kind of mindless hard rock album that sounds great blasting out of your car stereo or boom box at this time of year. All but two of the 12 songs are covers, nothing too adventurous but worth a listen.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'm old school, man.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

It's what us "old-timers" used in the pre-MP3 player days when you wanted to listen to a full CD or cassette.

Draft saved Draft deleted