1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MUSIC THREAD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 4, 2006.

1. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

I wo
    Wonder if the album will sound exactly like every other one of their albums? Probably.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I wonder if you'll be able to figure out the quote function and the concept of the question mark.

3. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Probably not.

Wasn't trying to be rude, I actually like them a whole lot.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Fair enough, and I'm a big fan of Southern Illinois University.

5. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Former mid-major powerhouse turned MVC doormat turned FCS football powerhouse.

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Crap boobs crap, I'd totally be there if I saw this ... 10 seconds after you posted it, since I live like two hours from Richmond.

You going to their April 15 show in Norfolk?

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You didn't miss much. Then again, I've been listening to the new tracks for months. Also heard a lot of them live in Raleigh and Charlottesville. Probably not going to Norfolk; thinking of doing Chattanooga/Nashville on back-to-back nights a couple weeks later. I'll let you know if the Norfolk plans change.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I've yet to see DBT; they had the Avett Brothers open for them a couple of years ago in C'Ville, but I couldn't go because I was freelancing a football game (for which I was never paid). That must have been a fucking amazing show.

You been by World of Mirth (the storefront in Two Daughters and a Beautiful Wife) yet?

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Ya, went there a few weeks back. That type of store and the terrible story surrounding it is an odd dichotomy, to say the least.

You really need to see DBT. I've seen them five times, and the last two they were better than ever. If there's a better mid-40s frontman than Patterson Hoood, I'd like to see him.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Yep, Daytrotter is a kick-ass site, and a great concept: Get bands who are traveling through the Quad-Cities region to lay down some tracks played live in the studio.

It's got a treasure trove of archives by now ... and the guy behind the site is good people.

Check it out: www.daytrotter.com

11. John

John Well-Known Member

HearYa is the same. The studio is in Chicago.

12. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Wanting to check out the new Titus Andronicus album, but the idea of a Civil War concept album is pretty scary.

Draft saved Draft deleted