1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Music Thread (post a song)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jun 15, 2021.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The Queen of East Detroit.

Octave likes this.
  2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Nirvana the night before Nevermind came out.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Spotify reminded me of this song this weekend…

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This paragraph is all sorts of great.

Lewis was raised in Marin County, California, living in Tamalpais Valley and Strawberry,[6] and attending Strawberry Point Elementary School (where he skipped second grade)[7] and Edna Maguire Junior High School in Mill Valley. When he was 13, his parents divorced. He attended and graduated from the Lawrenceville School, a then-all-male prep school in New Jersey,[7] in 1967, and he achieved a perfect score of 800 on the math portion of the SAT.[8] He was also an all-state baseball player.[9] Lewis attended Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. His mother had an extramarital affair with Beat Generation poet Lew Welch, who became his step father. Lewis credits Welch with inspiring him in his early teenage years.[10] His mother was close friends with the Grateful Dead's manager and extended family.[11]

UNCGrad and misterbc like this.
  5. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

Daughter and I are going to hear Wreckless Eric tonight. While playing around YouTube in search of his music, some of Jonathan Richman's work popped up.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Everyone on that stage is a stud. Listen to the solos and the vocals. Russ Kunkel is a legend, played with everyone at one time or another.

This is an old Townes van Zandt song. Great stuff.

Tighthead likes this.
  7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

This is a great song, but not the version I know.

Huggy likes this.
  8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Both are great but that Jam song is one of my all-time faves from Paul and the boys. I have never seen that video.

9. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I was going to reply with a video of Lyle performing "Ain't No More Cane" but it's not on YouTube now.

He's always a very gracious performer, making sure his band members or duet partner gets lots of spotlight. I love when he's on stage with an old friend like REK or Shawn Colvin and reminiscing.

In all aspects of his performance and demeanour he seems like a old school gentleman, but it's not in any way an affectation.

He's great on the "One By Willie" podcast, it's only 25 minutes and well worth it. I still rely on his phrase of "if I were the man you wanted, I would not be the man that I am."

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

How has this existed for eight years and I’m not aware of it until now?

Watch the first time for the vocals. The second time for the stand up bass.

misterbc likes this.
  11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Watching the Wheels - John Lennon. His best IMO.

Songbird likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted